IN BRIEF SO FAR
- No copyright exists in ideas or concepts
- Client does not own copyright
- Designer owns copyright in designs & drawings
- Designer licences the client to use the work
- Client owns copyright in the sketch
- Client provides licence for the designer to use the work for a purpose
- Designer owns copyright in the design & drawings produced by the designer
- Client can take the original sketch but not any work produced by the designer to another to complete identical work
You cannot prepare a new drawing by copying another designer’s work even if requested to do so by the client who provided an original sketch to the other designer. You can prepare new drawings from the original sketch, but you must maintain a full file on how the design was developed from the sketch.
How to get started:
Want to know more? Find out how we can help you with your drafting project by contacting Daryl Wood and the Drafting Concepts team today via our online form or on 0403 829 376.
- Mobile: 0403 829 376
- Address:13 Flinders Lane
Maroochydore, QLD 4558
- Pay Invoice Online: Click Here