A Building Certifier will pass you on to a Building Designer, Architect or Draftsperson.

If we take a basic example where a building application is required under a self-assessable application relating directly to a residential house, which does not trigger any development issues then the process will be the following.

A Building Designer or Architect will evaluate the site; the house design & the zoning to establish what can be built on the site.

The house is then design & plans drawn hopefully to reflect the client’s budget.

At this point they may need to use consultants like Surveyors or Engineers

Once the plans have being drawn for Construction Issue, they are then forwarded to relative consultants, these being

Engineers for footing, slab & other structure design elements.

Soil test: to evaluate the soil structure so that the engineers can design the footings accordingly. Usually Engineers provide this service but can be independent.

Energy Efficiency Compliance: some times done by the Building Designer Or Building Certifier.

This information is then passed on to the Building Certifier. These guys require multiple copies of everything & in time I will post these on my web site. Generally they will provide you with a list of items they require before they even take the plans over the desk.

How to get started:

Want to know more? Find out how we can help you with your drafting project by contacting Daryl Wood and the Drafting Concepts team today via our online form or on 0403 829 376.